Within 30 seconds of walking through the door, buyers first impression is either positive or negative. Making a first impression is lasting.
There are many ways to give your home a facelift with out spending lots of money. See the following for the most significant impact:
Outside: Curb Appeal
• De-clutter and keep lawn decorations to a minimum.
• Mow yard and trim trees & shrubs.
• Add bushes and flowers if you dont have enough landscapping.
• Sweep or wash off sidewalks, deck or porch and driveway.
• Remove personalized fixtures.
• Put all toys away.
• Fix damaged exterior issues with siding, roof, gutters etc.
• Welcome mat
• Try to clean all windows, patio doors inside and out.
Please leave your house while it's being shown to potential buyers, you presence may make them feel awkward.
On a personal level, think about writing a letter about your neighborhood that includes what you really like about your home and neighborhood.
Inside: CLEAN EVERYTHING!
Check for dust on basebords, ceiling fans, light fixtures, cobwebs on ceilings and MORE.
De-clutter your home. Rent a storage container if you need to. This is very important.
• Get a fresh coat of paint to the walls.
• Remove family photos and pack up excessive wall decorations.
• Remove personal items; like collections and trophies.
• Replace worn/old carpets, and shampoo carpets that are dirty but still in good shape.
• Polish/wax wood floors.
• You may add fresh flowers or plants but try not to over do it.
• Opening blinds and shades to let the light in.
• Ask a neighbor or friend to come over and locate any odors that need to be addressed.
• If you own a pet please take them with you while your home is being shown.
Sioux Center Health is a faith-based, not-for-profit health ministry committed to providing the comprehensive health care and health related services in Northwest Iowa. Since its establishment in 1951, the health ministry has been dedicated to...
Welcome! We hope you enjoy visiting the Sioux Center Public Library! Our mission is “to fuel Sioux Center’s passion for reading, personal growth, and learning.” We hope that is exactly what we are doing by offering not only materials you can...
The Ridge Golf Club offers more than just a beautiful and challenging golf course. Our facilities are equipped with all of the amenities you will need to round out an exceptional golf experience including: championship 18-hole golf course,...
The newsletter is sent periodically and will update you on the latest real estate news and offers.