As A Buyer:
If you're a buyer, you want someone who knows the market inside and out; someone who can help you find the right house. Whether you create your list of candidates through referrals or online searches you must make sure that you can develop a trusting relationship. If not, get out!
Here are a few questions to ask:
1. Can you tell me about your real estate experience?
2. How familiar are you with the area where I want to live?
3. Do you work with a team of other agents?
4. Do you work part-time or full-time as an agent?
5. Do you have additional training or advanced real estate education?
6. What should I expect when working with you?
7. What kind of information will you provide me on the homes and neighborhoods I’ll be looking at?
8. Can you provide references from at least three buyers you’ve worked with in the past six months?
9. How will current market conditions affect my home sale?
10. What resources will you use to help me find the right home?
11. How will you communicate with me throughout the process?
As A Seller:
If you are planning on signing a listing agreement, you may want to ask.
1. Can you tell me about your real estate sales experience?
2. How do you plan to market my property?
3. Do you work part-time or full-time as an agent?
4. What is the right price for this house? And how did you arrive at that figure?
5. How long will it take to sell at this price? What are the average days on market for a house like mine?
6. How will current market conditions affect my home sale?
7. How much should I expect to pay in commission?
8. What kind of communication and/or updates can I expect from you?
9. Can you provide references from three sellers you’ve worked with in the past six months?
10. What happens if my house doesn’t sell in the time we contract for?
As an Investor
If you will hiring an agent to help you with investments, make sure to ask questions.
1. Do you have inside access to foreclosures such as RealtyTrac and other foreclosures?
2. How do you research foreclosures in the area?
3. Do you have a good relationship with agents representing Freddie Mac, HUD, and Fannie Mae properties?
4. What do you feel are some good investments currently?
Sioux Center is growing so fast! We are finding that families are moving here for a variety of different reasons and we would like to share just a few with you. Small town feel with the big city